Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pictures, Pictures, and More Pictures

          As I approached the completion of the magazine, I realized a little late that my magazine was lacking in the amount of images in it. As I was creating the table of contents, I noticed that there were a lot of blank spots that looked weird. To fix this, a simple solution would be to add images that were representative of some of the articles featured in the table of contents.

          One of these articles, titled "Spring Styles 2017", has a broad topic and therefore it would not be difficult to take a picture for. I asked one of my friends to wear a spring - like dress and model for the picture. At the end of the photoshoot I had taken over 200 pictures in total. This is because I was trying to capture an image with the perfect pose, background, and lighting. Although this image will only consist of a small portion of the table of contents, I still wanted it to be as good and high quality as possible. Shown below is the final image that I chose.


          I added other pictures to my table of contents as well. I have one article titled "Good Reads", so taking a picture for this would not be challenging either - I would simply take a picture of a pile of books. Although not complex or entirely unique, I think this picture will add to the aesthetic of the page.

          I am currently working on editing all of the pictures I have taken over the past couple of days, so I will not post them here yet.

          Hopefully adding these pictures in will make my table of contents look more visually pleasing than before and will help to get rid of all the blank space. We will see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment