Saturday, April 1, 2017

Some Changes

          As you may recall from a few blog posts ago, I decided that I wanted my double-page spread story to be about prom. I planned on creating a guide for finding the perfect dress based on different colors, designs, and lengths. I began writing the portion of my story that focused on color first. When I finished that section (which I wrote on Google Docs), I copy and pasted it on Canva to begin formatting the pages. I was so surprised when I saw that it took up the majority of the two pages! I was still planning on talking about dress designs and lengths within those two pages. I was then stuck in a dilemma: Do I shorten the section on color significantly to be able to fit the design and length sections in there too, or do I change the focus of my story to just one of these three topics?

          I really liked the idea of talking about color psychology and how certain hues give off certain feeling and emotions when looking at them (I got this idea from one of our group meetings). I thought that this idea was unique and not just an everyday topic that you come across. For this reason, I decided to keep the section on color. I had put a ton of planning and research into my writing, so I didn't want to shorten it and therefore reduce the quality of the overall story. So, I decided to slightly change the topic of my double-page spread and put all of the focus on color.

          Making my story focus on one topic rather than three is a change for the better, I think. This way, the story will be more fluid and continuous instead of being broken apart by a bunch of sections. This will make it less confusing and more in-depth and interesting.

          Because of this change, I have also come up with a possible idea for how I want to lay out the images on the page. On the top of the second page, I want to make a visual representation of what i'm talking about through the article; summarizing it. I have plenty of pictures of different colored prom dresses as well, so this could work out. I plan on using pictures of prom dresses that are the same colors as the ones that I mention throughout the article. Under them, I want to add a few adjectives that are associated with each color. This serves as a quick and visually interesting synopsis of the article, for those that may not want to read the entire story associated with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment