Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Working On The Double Page Spread


Since deciding that my double page spread is going to be about what to wear to prom, I've been doing some research to get more educated on the subject. I plan on discussing various aspects of prom dresses, including different lengths, designs, and colors. On the topic of color, I decided to do some research on color psychology to get a better understand of what each color signifies. This is a subject that we discussed in class, so I already had some prior knowledge about it. I got the majority of my additional research from this website. The website explains what traits are associated with each color. I plan on using this information as part of my guide on what dress to wear depending on someone’s individual characteristics.


I’ve also taken some pictures of different prom dresses to go along with the article. Obtaining these pictures was surprisingly not a difficult process. Some of my friends had been planning to go prom dress shopping for a while, so I simply saw the opportunity to get pictures for my magazine and went with them. I made sure to take pictures of a variety of different colored dresses, because I want to use them in the section where I talk about color psychology.

The next step was to add these images into my magazine. Before I could do that, however, I had to edit them. I have never used a photoshop program before, so I looked online for a simple tool that would help me to crop my pictures, fix the coloring, etc. I found this website, which had all of the features I needed to edit my pictures and was extremely easy to use. Let me give you an example of an image that I edited using this website:




After
Before




















          I also did a bit of color-correcting to make the dress appear more green. This si because when I took the picture it didn't capture the color very well; it turned out more blue than green. 

          I repeated the process above for all of the pictures of the prom dresses. I now have to incorporate these images into my layout; i'll let you know when I do!


Citations




No comments:

Post a Comment