Sunday, March 19, 2017

Table of Contents Layout

          Before showing you the rough draft of my table of contents, I would like to discuss the research that I did to help me with some of my ideas. Once again, most of the inspiration I got was from Pinterest. This is the site that I've found has the biggest assortment of creative and innovative ideas and projects. After browsing through many posts, I found a few that I like (shown below).



         




          I like how this table of contents is simple yet appealing. The flowers on the left give a variety of color to the page, but not too much to be overwhelming. I also like how there is a short summary of each article below each respective title. This is something that I would like to incorporate into my magazine.














          I like how this table of contents has a picture to go with almost every article featured in the magazine. The picture adds visual interest as well as easy access to find the article that the picture is associated with by printing the page number next to it.  This table of contents also has a short summary of each article below the titles.






          I imagine my table of contents to have more resemblance to the second image. I want it to be simple but interesting, with an assortment of colors throughout. Using this second image as my main source of inspiration, I sketched a picture of what I imagine my table of contents to look like:



          In addition to having pictures for each article and a small description, I've added a small box on the right hand side titled "In Every Issue". This is pretty self-explanatory; there will be five or so topics that will be featured in every issue of the magazine. I'm not yet sure what these topics will consist of, but I will figure that out later and update you on it. 



Citations

Images 










No comments:

Post a Comment